- This event has passed.
Traditional Thai Massage
April 13, 2018 @ 4:00 pm - April 15, 2018 @ 9:00 pm$400
25 CE contact hours, NCBTMB Provider # 450197-06
This course provides a history of Traditional Thai Massage and Medical Practice, its benefits and uses today. Course participants will learn the following with regards to Traditional Thai Massage:
– Describe the Thai Sen (Meridian) Lines and acupressure points of the body;
– Describe and perform proper etiquette; preparation of the work space and equipment;
– Be able to list precautionary indications and prohibitions; -describe how to assess a client;
– Describe and demonstrate therapist preparation;
– Proper demonstration of the therapist’s techniques.
Participants will perform for a client a full, two-hour Traditional Thai Massage protocol, utilizing the proper sequence of positions, timing and body mechanics.
Prerequisites: This course is open to LMTs, bodyworkers, health care providers with knowledge of Anatomy, and students of massage therapy who wish to learn more on the topic.
Please bring: lotion or cream, set of linens, something to write with and closed toe shoes.