A massage therapist is someone who is trained and skilled in massage therapy for medicinal benefits. Massage therapy is the manipulation of the soft-tissue and muscles of the body and it is used for many different reasons. Among the many reasons for massage therapy, the main reasons are to relax overworked and tired muscles, to treat pain that results from any number of ailments, to aid in the rehabilitation of athletic injuries, and to support overall good health.
* Properly care for equipment and use proper amounts of product to assist with cost controls
* Uphold the standards of sanitation and sterilization as directed by law and the spa’s policies and procedures
* Perform prep work and properly clean and restock work area as required
* Communicate any and all occurrences within the spa, involving staff or guests that require attention to management
* Handle any guests’ questions or concerns professionally and courteously
* Before the massage begins, the therapist should confer with clients and learn their medical history and what problems they may have with stress or pain. This helps to determine what type of massage would be the most beneficial.
* The massage therapist must gauge the condition of the client’s soft tissues, the joint function and quality, range of motion, and muscle strength.
* When the client’s needs have been established, the massage therapist massages the soft tissues and muscles to provide the treatment that has been determined.
* The therapist must propose a specific treatment plan for the client.
* Actively promote specials, programs and memberships
* Educate our clients on programs and memberships
* Cross sell other departments
* Be knowledgeable of other departments within the spa
* Provide accurate, appropriate and immediate responses to guests, ensuring complete satisfaction
* Valid State of CT License for massage therapy
* Have enthusiasm and possess excellent customer service skills
* Enjoy working with people and possess friendly and have an outgoing personality
* Excellent communication skills as well as basic computer skills
* Must be willing to train any new employee hired within the same department
* Must be a team player
* Be flexible with your schedule, supporting the needs of the spa
* Possess ability to work without direct supervision
* Regularly attend, participate in and support training and staff meetings for the spa
* Assist in all areas of spa operations as requested by management. For example, opening and closing duties, etc.
Note: All duties and requirements stated are essential job functions. This job description in no way implies that these are only the duties to be performed by the staff occupying this position. Staff members may be required to perform other job related duties.