As a massage therapist at this Massage Envy Hickory location, essential duties include performing professional quality massage within scope of practice and licensing (as applicable) and in alignment with policies and protocols, utilizing approved modalities, in accordance with applicable law in your franchised location, designing specific sessions based on member’s/guest’s individual needs, and upholding the Massage Envy brand’s core values of optimism, gratitude, excellence, consistency and empathy.
Additional responsibilities include:
• Perform professional quality massage, within scope of practice and licensing (as applicable).
• Must follow all Massage Envy policies and protocols.
• Assists in the cleanliness of the location (therapy rooms and common areas).
• Utilizes Massage Envy approved modalities, in accordance with applicable law in your location.
• If performing hot stone, deep muscle or prenatal therapy, must have appropriate training and satisfy the minimum clinic education hours.
• Maintain professional appearance at all times.
• Design specific sessions based on member’s/guest’s individual needs.
• Assists in the promotion of the health and wellness benefits to clients receiving massage therapy on a regular basis; communicates various promotions to clients.
• Creates excellent member/guest experience through friendly and helpful attitude.
• Reliable, on time attendance. Attends all scheduled shifts, is prompt to work and works entire scheduled shift.
• Completes Wellness Chart documentation accurately and completely.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education, Skills and Training:
• Minimum of 500 hours of massage therapy school and a certificate of completion.
• Participates in continuing education to improve effectiveness (preferred).
• Satisfactory results of background and reference check is a condition of employment in this position.
• Must adhere to all applicable local and state licensing laws and regulations related to the massage therapy services provided, including following any applicable law pertaining to maintaining current Massage License.
• Knowledge of and experience in performing Swedish and Deep Tissue Massage required, as well as knowledge of and experience in performing other modalities offered by Massage Envy.
• Understands and believes in the healing benefits of massage therapy and bodywork.
About Massage Envy
Massage Envy is more than the leader in accessible massage and skincare. We’re a community of caregivers committed to helping people feel their best. We believe that therapeutic massage and customized skincare are an integral part of the well-being journey. If you share this belief, we’d like to get to know you better.